The Threshing Floor

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Rockin' in the Free World


Rolling Stone has a Photo Gallery entitled "Young and Pious: A Rock & Roll Story" up on their site. It's nothing I would call controversial, it's simply a few photos taken by a women who went to a bunch of Christian music festivals.

The things that are truly interesting to me are some of the comments she makes. It's interesting how we see things from inside the church compared to how others see them. I'm not talking about the spiritual things that God reveals to us. I'm talking about out t-shirts, language and other external things. Sometimes I think we end up confusing a lot of people in things that we shouldn't be. I think my favorite line is the very last one by the photographer. She says, "Jesus is their personal savior. He's almost alive to them." Well, hopefully people will start to see that it's more than almost, otherwise, I think the church in America (myself included) need to rethink some stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home